With RASC OK Centre Members
Dark Sites and the Okanagan Observatory
dark sky greatly enhances every aspect of observing allowing for easier
object location and greater appreciation of detail. RASC Okanagan
Centre members scan the night sky from back yards, local sports fields,
parks, darkened ski hills, wilderness-logging roads and from the
Okanagan Observatory site, and you are welcome to join in the fun.
CERTIFICATES & LISTS
offers three observing certificates for members and non-members.
Explore The Universe, RASC Messier and Finest NGC certificates can be
obtained by following the information posted here.
- Our very own OK Centre Introductory Observing List (IOL) can be found here.
- The Messier Object List can be found here: http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Messier_objects:
- The NGC Finest List can be found in the RASC Observers Handbook and here: http://messier.seds.org/xtra/similar/rasc-ngc.html
- Alan Whitman's All
Splendors, No Fuzzies Observing List contains the best 159 sights in the night sky
that there are for northern or southern hemisphere amateur astonomers.
- The Herschel 400 List can be found here: http://www.telosnet.com/dmdodge/astronomy/Herschel400_1-20.html:
- The Herschel 400 II List can be found here: http://messier.seds.org/xtra/similar/h2ndx.txt
- The Herschel H2500 List can be found here: http://messier.seds.org/xtra/similar/herschel.html
- The ARP List can be found here: http://arpgalaxy.com/arpord.html
A list of Arp objects appearing on other lists can be found here: http://arpgalaxy.com/intersec.html
- The Caldwell Catalogue can be found here: http://www.astroleague.org/al/obsclubs/caldwell/cldwlist.html
- The Barnard Dark Nebula List prepared by Paul Gray can be found on Page 321 of the Observer's Handbook.
- The Bedford List can be found here: http://messier.seds.org/xtra/similar/smyth_c.html
and the actual Catalogue can be obtained here: www.willbell.com/handbook/HAND1.htm.
Here are our members' Observing Club Tallies as of March 2016:
We encourage all
of members to submit observing reports to share with all of our members
and non-members through our Google Discussion Group. You can start to submit and receive messages by contacting Guy Mackie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a
selection of astronomy related pictures from our members, go to the Image Gallery page link on the left.